Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Obama a Lock to win in Florida

They are everywhere.
I'm old. Old enough that I voted for George McGovern. I voted in Pennsylvania, Georgia, Texas, New York and now Florida. I have never seen anything like this. Last week I received a call from an Obama volunteer checking to be sure I would be voting. On Saturday, two Obama volunteers knocked on my door to make sure I intended to vote. On Monday I was out but the Obama flyer was on my door knob when I returned home. And just now, at 2:10 PM on election day 2008, an Obama volunteer knocked on my door to determine if I had voted. I was wearing my "I Voted Button".

I'm impressed, blown away to be honest. I have never seen or experienced anything like this. This man is organized. He has energized an army. How big is it? Bigger than our force in Iraq. The Obama army is young, they seem tough, and they are committed.

If Barack Obama runs the United States government the way he ran this campaign the future is bright.

As part of his platform Obama says he is going to call our young people to community service and to serve their country. I'm looking forward to seeing it happen. It could very well be some kind of wonderful.

Obama is a lock to win Florida.

0 comments: